When people take the time to write a 100 Word Challenge, it’s fantastic if you can find the time to write a comment to let them know what you thought of it.
When you write comments, try to keep these things in mind:
1. Be positive! Remember to tell the poster the things you liked about their writing.
2. If you have any criticism, then write it down, but be positive. Use the ‘even better if’ style of feedback.
3. Just saying ‘cool’ or ‘that’s great’ might make the poster feel good, but even better would be saying why it’s cool.
Comments can be read by anyone from all over the world – teachers, parents, governors, politicians, celebrities (!), so use your best writing skills and try to be as accurate as possible with spellings – take pride in your comments!
4. If you want to tell the poster about one of your posts, then give them the full web address to help them find it – if you’re really advanced, then include a link.
5. Perhaps try one of these comment starters…
I like the word/sentence ….. because
I enjoyed your story because
I enjoyed reading your work but I think it would have been even better if
I enjoyed reading your work but you have missed
I found myself wondering
If we keep these guidelines in mind, our site will be a really fun place to publish our work.